If you are looking to advertise, provide sponsored posts, or guest post on Ditching Suburbia please read the following guidelines before contacting us:
We don’t accept traditional banner ads. Or sidebar ads. Or pop-up ads. Or ads that lurk in the middle of content hoping to not look like an ad.
If you have a type of ad not listed above, we don’t accept that either.
We do accept sponsors for the DitchingSuburbia podcast. The sponsorship covers editing costs for longer episodes. We mention sponsors:
- At the beginning of the podcast episode
- At the end of the podcast episode
- On the episode-specific podcast page here on DitchingSuburbia.com
Potential sponsors should have products or services related to aspects of the ditched lifestyle (RVing, Boating, Global Travel, etc).
The cost is currently $250 for 5 episodes.
Sponsored Blog Posts
We will consider sponsored posts. Our general guidelines (subject to change) are:
- The product or service in question must be directly relevant to families traveling fulltime by RV, boat, or commercial air travel.
- The product or service must promote a healthy aspect of the traveling lifestyle.
- You need to provide us first-hand experience with the product or service.
- We will write the post so it matches the style and tone of the rest of DitchingSuburbia.com.
- Our post will be an honest appraisal of our experience with your product or service. We don’t guarantee it will be positive.
- Our rate will vary depending on the subject matter and the potential profit our audience represents (i.e. if you are selling a $10K product we’re not going to write about it for $100).
- Having a sponsored post published on DitchingSuburbia.com provides ongoing value as people come across the content and learn about your product. We charge a monthly content maintenance fee to continue to provide that value.
We welcome guest posts on DitchingSuburbia.com, with the following guidelines:
- We love articles that support an aspect of Our DitchingSuburbia Manifesto.
- You must have first-hand experience with either planning to ditch or ditching.
- We have no restrictions on outbound links to other posts on your blog, etc.
- Any affiliate links featured in the content will be ours.
- We are not interested in general interest RV, boat, or travel-related how-tos.
- If you found us by searching for sites that rank highly on Google for particular keywords, we’re not interested.
- If we perceive your intent to be mainly commercial (driving traffic to a monetized site, etc) we’re not interested.
If you’ve read the above and still want to contribute, get in touch!