Day 17 of my 30 day blog series journaling my experiment with a Capsule Kitchen. The plan? Use 33 ingredients to create all our meals for three months. If you just joined me you can either start at Day 1 or view all Capsule Kitchen posts.
It’s another grocery day. The list was a bit longer today. I added items to my Capsule Kitchen list on Day 14 so I picked up some green veggies. I can’t wait to add them to this evening’s meal.
Last Night’s Meal
Had another win with Day 16‘s “new” recipe. This is the original recipe:
White Chicken Chili
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 15.5 oz. cans Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese Monterrey Jack or Mexican Blend
- In a large pot, add broth, beans, chicken, green chilis, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Simmer on low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes, or until it is heated through.
- Right before serving, stir in sour cream and cheese until it is all blended and melted.
I made a few changes:
- I took 2 cans of the white beans, along with a little chicken broth, and put them in the blender.
- I skipped the cheese. The blended beans made the soup creamy.
- I only had 3 cans of white beans, so our soup had black beans in it too. That’s what I get for not being specific with my list. ;)
- I had a can of non-list diced green chilies still in the pantry. To make the broth I used Chicken-Better Than Bouillon. We topped the soup with broken tortilla chips.
I’m on a “new” recipe kick. Tonight I am trying a recipe I pinned last week. It’s Korean Beef Bowl. I’ll be adding steamed broccoli! (I’m so excited to have a green veggie for tonight’s meal.)
Agree or Disagree?
I do not like broccoli. And I haven’t liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I’m President of the United States and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli.George H.W. Bush
Does your family side with the former President?
Capsule Kitchen Series Navigation
eBook: Homeschool Legally While You Travel the USA
Worried about homeschooling legally while you travel?
The HSLDA says to "follow the laws of any state you are in for more than 30 days". But what do the states say?
We contacted all 50 states, asked them how to homeschool legally while traveling there, and compiled their responses into this 45 page eBook.