There is a simpler, more minimalistic life waiting for you outside the suburbs. Read these articles to learn more about it.
- How do you do church after leaving the suburbs?
- How we have found our tribe while traveling.
- Our experiences workcamping, camphosting, or doing farm-stays.
- WorldWide Opportunities on Organic Farms.
- There is still room for hobbies in a minimalistic, portable life.
- We don't poke fun at ourselves often enough - time to change that.
- We love to pass on what we've learned since leaving the suburbs.
- Deeper thoughts about a post-suburban life of fulltime travel.
- Pare down your possessions to be lighter on your feet (or wheels).
- Capsule Kitchen in a Tiny Home - 30 Days to Simplicity
- Covering all aspects of fulltime RV life for familes.
- Downsizing from a 34' Fifth Wheel to a 19' Camper Van.
- What it's like to live on a boat with kids.
- They look so cool, what's it like to live in a Tiny House?
- Celebrating holidays and birthdays is different out of the 'burbs.
- What has to happen before you can ditch the suburbs?
Remove the church, school and work agendas that drive your family apart.
Learn history where it happened. Learn geography by traveling through it. Meet people from different cultures and worldviews.
- Suburbia-ditchers find richer education through travel and experiences.
- Articles by the Boyink kids written as part of their schoolwork.
- Creative works mainly from Miranda.
- Articles for a program designed for fulltime traveling kids.
- We're blogging through We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel.
Ditching the suburbs is a path to adventure. See what's waiting for you on the open road or sea.
- All posts plotted on a map of the USA
- Channel your inner Tom Sawyer and live on the Big Muddy.
- Possibly the Most American Drive in America
- Sweet Home Alabama
- Grand Canyon State
- The Golden State
- The First State
- Sunshine State
- On My Mind
- Famous Potatoes
- Land of Lincoln
- Heritage State
- The Corn State
- The Wheat State
- Bluegrass State
- Bayou State
- Great Lakes State
- 10,000 Lakes
- The Hospitality State
- Show-Me State
- The Treasure State
- Equality before the law.
- The Silver State
- Land of Enchantment
- Empire State
- First in Flight
- Peace Garden State
- Birthplace of Aviation
- Pacific Wonderland
- Keystone State
- The Iodine State
- Great Faces; Great Places
- Volunteer State
- The Lone Star State
- Ski Utah!
- Virginia is for Lovers
- Evergreen State
- Mountain State
- America's Dairyland
- Like No Place on Earth
- Taxation Without Representation
DitchingSuburbia is getting a lot of interest. Find site news and press coverage here.