Day 29 of my 30 day blog series journaling my experiment with a Capsule Kitchen. The plan? Use 33 ingredients to create all our meals for three months. If you just joined me you can either start at Day 1 or view all Capsule Kitchen posts.
I woke up on Day 28 with a headache, upset stomach and heartburn (TMI?). It didn’t take a doctor to figure out why.
I “cheated” too much this past week.
Too Much Of A Good Thing
This past week we ate many foods that were not on my Capsule Kitchen list.
- RV park potluck
- Meals prepared by neighbors
- Homemade Rhubarb-Strawberry pie gifted to us
- Baby Shower luncheon and cake (I did opt for water rather than blue punch)
- Restaurant meals with family
- Take-out pizza I picked up on Thursday
Simple Eating Sunday
After another hour of sleep, some ibuprofen and a hot cup of apple cider vinegar/honey/water, I began to feel better. To continue in this vein, I prepared simple foods for the day.
- Breakfast - planned-over scrambled eggs from last night.
- Lunch - baked sweet potato, apple slices, pea pods, strawberries
- Afternoon tea - Bengal Spice Tea (decaf) and a square of dark chocolate
- Dinner - Korean Beef Bowl and Green Veggie Smoothie.
Month Two Coming Up
This week I will begin my second month of the Capsule Kitchen experiment. On Day 30 I’ll share my overall thoughts for the first month of the experiment.
Today, though, I am thinking through ways to organize so I can get us back on track.
- Make a list of the meals we like and post it inside the pantry door.
- Have diced onions and peppers in the freezer and available for meals.
- Enjoy fresh produce from the Farmer’s Market.
- Pre-cook some ground beef and chicken and freeze so available for meals.
- Say “No” to sugar-ladened desserts for a while.
Anyone still following along or did I lose you at “take out pizza?” ;)