When we left the farm at the beginning of February, we knew the next leg of our travels would be more about people than scenery. I had made reservations for the next 7 weeks, starting in San Antonio, TX and ending near Tampa, FL. Reservations to meet up with the people at the end of this leg (my parents and the Keiter family) were set first. Then I began working my way back toward TX to add in the other friends we could see along the way.
So, who did we get to spend time with during the past 6 1/2 weeks?
- San Antonio: Dad and Mom Boyink, the Perry family and the Shank family
- New Orleans: The Hale family—a full-time family we knew from Holland (Harrison and their daughter Madeline were in Friday classes together a few years ago). We also met another traveling family, the Hellers, who were set up across the street from the Hales. Unfortunately, no pics were taken
- Mobile, AL: The Neto family, Frank Sanborn (a “Jeep” buddy of Mike’s who was vacationing nearby)
- Pensacola, FL: The Marshall family
- Tampa, FL: Dad and Mom Austin, Larry and Sue Sal, the Keiter family, the Kiper family (another traveling family we had the chance to meet).
We are currently set up across the road from the Keiter family in Hillsborough River State Park. We enjoyed dinner and a campfire together last night.
The kids are off playing Frisbee while the parents are catching up on our individual tasks before hanging out for the afternoon (probably indoors when the storm hits).
It’s very much like it was in Arizona. And in Oregon. And in Michigan. And in Indiana. And in Kentucky. And in West Virginia. And in Washington, DC. It just feels “right.”