We are changing things up here at Ditching Suburbia. Our fifth wheel RV is for sale and we are downsizing. Here’s what we are looking for:
Camper Van Requirements:
- Tall, permanent roof raise with upper bunk (not a pop-top)
- Another bed besides the bunk
- Ford, Dodge or Chevy based
- Kitchen and bathroom installed
- Factory built or well-done DIY
- Vintage, ugly OK as long as it’s clean and well-maintained
- V8 preferred
Anywhere in the USA, the closer to Texas the better.
Why would we try to squish ourselves into a van? MsBoyink and I were planning to do this once we were empty-nesters, but some recent truck issues accelerated our plans.
If we can’t physically come inspect the rig before buying, we’ll ask for photos and a Facetime / Skype walk around with the current owner.
If we decide to purchase, we’ll send a deposit (either Paypal or a Money Order) and make plans to travel to the rig.
Once on-site, we’ll do an inspection and possibly take it to a local mechanic for a once-over.
If happy we’ll pay the balance in exchange for the signed title.
These rigs are along the lines of what we’re looking for: